Democrats are trying out a new slogan, “Hey, at least we’re not Republicans, right?”Well, not exactly that – but they’re rolling out an almost identical slogan you’d think was a joke.
Voters have clearly seen the “other guys,” as under Barack Obama’s presidency Democrats lost 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency – and that’s not all! Democrats have also lost every single special election since Trump took office, too.The fact that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee actually released this should be a sign of how fractured the party is, given that they can’t even agree on a message to unify behind (which can be hard to come up with when you’re the party of the perpetually offended). As for some equally bad (but more accurate) slogans they can give a shot, the Daily Wire has a few suggestions….
10. We Love The Castros Brothers (No, Not Julio And Joaquin — Fidel And Raul!).
9. Don’t Say How, Say When: It’s Time For A Native American, Vote Elizabeth Warren.8. Hey, Join Us, Cuz’ We Got A Socialist Who Owns Three Houses.
7. Pelosi/Waters 2020. We May Be A Combined 150 Years Old, But So Are Our Ideas.6. Remember Hammer Time? Stop. Biden Time.
5. We Care About Flyover Country (Wait, We Mean ‘The Heartland.’)
4. Republicans Are Going To Kill People. Stop Them Because Violent Rhetoric Is Bad.
3. Democrats 2018: We Win Moral Victories, Not Elections. (h/t NRCC)
2. Free Everything For Everybody — Forever!
And the No. 1 slogan is:
1: We Promise Not To Run Hillary Clinton. Ever. Ever. Again.
On second thought, “have you seen the other guys” might be a quite effective argument when your opponent is Hillary Clinton.