Will Bill O’Reilly’s return to television come just as fast as his departure?Back in April, O’Reilly abruptly announced he’d be taking a vacation on a trip he says has been scheduled since last fall. “I like to take time off around Easter, it’s calming” he told the audience.
That show ended up being O’Reilly’s last.
There was no shortage of suspicion that it would be his last, given the odd timing (he took off for Easter in the middle of the week), and the controversial New York Times report from earlier that month. On April 1st the New York Times published a report disclosing that O’Reilly and Fox paid $13 million to five woman as settlements for sexual harassment complaints. A majority of advertisers pulled their ads from his show following the revelation, with the show down to only seven advertisers (from 33).
And just like that, after two decades at Fox, O’Reilly was gone.He could be back soon however, as Breitbart reported: Friday during a lengthy interview via Skype, former Fox News “The O’Reilly Factor” host Bill O’Reilly discussed his possible future plans with Newsmax TV’s John Bachman.
O’Reilly said television could be in the works, or he could keep his presence on the Internet.
“I may come back to television, it depends,” O’Reilly said. “We’re living in a pretty vicious age now. Whoever I work for is going to have to have a lot of courage to stop the far left from attacking sponsors and spreading lies about people.”“I may come back to television, or I may continue on the ‘net,” he said. “We tweeted during the Comey hearings. Three million people were involved with the tweeting that I did on that. This is a very powerful medium, as is Newsmax.”
Among the possible networks with a conservative leaning that could host O’Reilly include NewsmaxTV, TheBlaze, and One America News.Separately, appearing on Newsmax TV, O’Reilly said he’ll drop some “stunning” information on the attack against him in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!