Throughout the year, our own Col. Allen West has bestowed a number of awards to individuals who, shall we say, “distinguished” themselves with various comments and actions that can only be described as “FUBAR.”As we come to the end of the year, we’d like to invite you to vote for the grand prize winner of the 2016 Allenbwest.com FUBAR Award among the list below. Please post your vote in the comments section. We’ll tally them up and announce the dubious winner on December 31st.
And without further ado, here’s the worst of the worst in no particular order. It’s up to you to choose!
1. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter exhibited a special kind of stupid when he announced he wanted to open the door to more “lateral entry” into the military’s upper ranks – in other words just open up the uniform military like an ol’ job. ABSURD.
2. Secretary of State John Kerry suggested the media should stop covering terrorism so much saying the media would “do us all a service” by intentionally not reporting the news. Secretary Kerry could do us all a favor by just going away.3. Last September, Jeh Johnson spoke at the ISNA (Islamic Society of North America) conference proving the Obama administration is a tool of the Muslim Brotherhood. Or maybe just a tool.
4. The top general at the U.S. Military Academy, Lieutenant General Robert L. Caslen, Superintendent of West Point, said there are “valid concerns” about separation of church and state when an Army football coach asked a staff assistant to lead his team in prayer after an upset victory in January of this year. Just wondering, did Lt. Gen. Caslen have any “valid concerns” about the black female West Point cadets who raised the “black power” fist salute in uniform?
5. Secretary of the Air Force, Deborah Lee James says U.S. airmen changing genders can now seek temporary exemptions from gender-specific physical fitness tests, uniform requirements and bathrooms, according to a new policy. Instead of being concerned about social engineering programs, shouldn’t the Secretary of the Air Force focus on the core war fighting capabilities of the service she’s supposed to supervise? Yep, silly question.6. Duke University offered The Duke Men’s Project, a nine-week program for “male-identified” students that discusses male privilege, patriarchy, “the language of dominance,” rape culture, pornography, machismo and other topics. Junior Dipro Bhowmik, who sits on the leadership team, recently said the goal of the Duke Men’s Project is for male students to “critique and analyze their own masculinity and toxic masculinities to create healthier ones.” We’re quite certain Col. West and his “toxic masculinity” will never be invited to speak at Duke.
7. Georgetown University will give preference in admissions to the descendants of slaves owned by the Maryland Jesuits as part of its effort to atone for profiting from the sale of enslaved people. Georgetown President John DeGioia penned a letter to students and faculty saying “I believe the most appropriate ways for us to redress the participation of our predecessors in the institution of slavery is to address the manifestations of the legacy of slavery in our time.” At a time when we have a twice-elected black president, two black attorneys general, a black national security advisor, a black secretary of homeland security we do not need to “redress the participation of our predecessors in the institution of slavery.” We need to address the soft bigotry of low expectations which expands the welfare nanny state and furthers economic enslavement.8. The Obama administration issued an advisory about U.S. citizens’ travel to Iran after paying $400 million ransom for four Americans they’d held hostage. As Col. West wrote at the time, “Hey, President Obama, none of this makes sense, just like you not stopping your vacation while floods raged in Louisiana, forests burned in California and riots raged in Milwaukee. Yes, sir, you’ve earned the vaunted allenbwest.com FUBAR award — with multiple oak leaf clusters for repeat achievement.”
We look forward to your votes – and won’t be surprised if you have a write-in.