After turning into a pretzel to avoid even insinuating Saturday night’s bombing could have anything whatsoever to do with “terror” let alone Islamic terror, New York’s Mayor Bill de Blasio and the NYPD have announced 28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahami, a naturalized U.S. citizen born in Afghanistan as a suspect and person of interest.
Oh, and by the way, he wasn’t done on Saturday.
The BBC News reports,Early on Monday, a backpack containing up to five devices exploded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, when a bomb disposal robot tried to deactivate it.
Investigators have warned the suspect, whose last known address was in Elizabeth, should be considered “armed and dangerous.”
“Anyone who sees this individual or knows anything about him or his whereabouts needs to call it in right away,” New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said on CNN.These are the attacks in the US over the weekend that caused security alerts:
• A pipe bomb exploded on the route of a charity race in New Jersey on Saturday, forcing the event to be cancelled but causing no injuries
• At least 29 people were injured in an “intentional” explosion in the Chelsea area of Manhattan at around 21:00
• Another device was later found four blocks from the site of the blast and destroyed in a controlled explosion
• A backpack containing suspicious devices was found in Elizabeth, New Jersey, late on Sunday
• One device found in Elizabeth exploded early on Monday as a bomb disposal robot tried to deactivate it
Reuters reports the devices in New Jersey and New York were indeed linked, but so far Rahami is only being sought for the New York blast.
Breaking: Explosive devices in New York and New Jersey were linked: Homeland Security official.— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) September 19, 2016
Earlier this morning, a cellphone alert went out to warn citizens to “BOLO.”
— Joel Waldman (@joelwaldmanFOX) September 19, 2016
Let’s pray we catch this SOB before he strikes again. Nothing against Islam though…
[Note: This article was written by Michele Hickford]