Authorities in Germany have just thwarted plans for a major ISIS-directed attack in Germany. According to reports, three Syrian men had been planning an attack with two suicide bombers, plus guns and explosives to “commit mass murder” in the German town of Dusseldorf.As CNN reports:
Three Syrian men were arrested Thursday in Germany on suspicion of planning a terror attack on Dusseldorf on behalf of ISIS, the German attorney general’s office said.
The three were caught separately in the states of North Rhine-Westphalia, Brandenburg and Baden-Wurttemberg, the attorney general said in a statement.
German officials requested extradition of a fourth suspect, a 25-year-old Syrian national who has been in French custody since February.
The suspect disclosed information to French authorities that led to the arrests, the statement said.
The men allegedly plotted to attack the old town of Dusseldorf in western Germany, using two suicide bombers, with other members of the cell aiming to commit mass murder with guns and explosives. ISIS leadership had ordered the attack, the statement said.
So, the good news is that authorities were able to uncover and stop the attack in this case. The bad news is, there are no doubt many more such attacks currently being planned across Europe — as ISIS has promised and, we have reported, are organizing for. It appears ISIS has successfully used the Syrian refugee crisis to infiltrate Europe, as they had proclaimed they would.
It’s like Maya Angelou says — yes, I (Michelle Jesse) am quoting Maya Angelou here — when people show you who they really are, believe them the first time. In this case, when a vicious terror group tells you directly its strategy to kill and conquer your people and civilization, believe them — or suffer the carnage.
How many times will it take before our leaders start believing them?
[Note: This article was written by Michelle Jesse, Associate Editor]