Over the course of the past few years, liberals have been on a crusade to rename anything anyone could possibly find offensive. Whether it be the “Redskins,” schools named over controversial historical figures, or even the word “master” being used — which could apparently bring up images of slavery (yes, really) — literally anything can be deemed “offensive.”One can only wonder why it took liberals more than a century to notice these “problems.”
One school at least decided to be democratic about it. When members of the community complained about the name of Robert E. Lee Elementary in Austin, Texas, the school board allowed the community to offer suggestions.
It ended up backfiring rather quickly. As KXAN reported, these ended up being the suggestions:
- Donald J. Trump Elementary: 45 nominations
- Robert E. Lee Elementary: 34 nominations
- Russell Lee Elementary: 32 nominations
- Harper Lee Elementary: 30 nominations
- Elisabet Ney Elementary: 15 nominations
- Lee Elementary: 13 nominations
- Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance: 8 nominations
- Waller Creek Elementary: 8 nominations
- Dr. Frances J. Nesmith Elementary School: 7 nominations
- Guy Bizzell Elementary: 6 nominations
Among the other suggestions were “Adam Lanza’s School of Fun, Bee Movie, Bleeding Heart Liberal Elementary, Boaty McBoatface Elementary School, Forgetting the Past Dooms You to Repeat It Elementary, Garfunkel, Hypothetical Perfect Person Memorial Elementary School, John Cena Elementary and Schooly McSchoolerson.”The school board obviously has the final say on the name change, so you shouldn’t expect to see Donald J. Trump elementary anytime soon. But who knows? Trump himself was in the education business in the past, and the man does like seeing his name on buildings….
[Note: This post was authored by The Analytical Economist]