We reported recently what some thought might be former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s most despicable lie yet — telling the grieving families of the Benghazi victims an anti-Islam video was to blame for the deaths of their loved ones, knowing this was a flat-out lie.Of course, Clinton continues to deny saying this, despite members of all four victims families reporting she said exactly that.
But while lying to grieving family members was despicable enough, what the leading Democrat candidate for president just suggested about these family members may be a new low.
Via The Daily Caller:
Hillary Clinton is denying once again that she told family members of Benghazi attack victims that a video was to blame for the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks — leaving only the possibility that the families are either lying or grossly mistaken about what the then-secretary of state told them in private.During an editorial board meeting with The Conway (N.H.) Daily Sun, Clinton was asked about an interview she recently had with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos in which she denied that she told family members of the Benghazi victims during a Sept. 14, 2012 memorial service at Andrews Air Force Base that the film “Innocence of Muslims” was the catalyst for the attack.
The family members have publicly disputed Clinton’s claims, saying that the then-secretary of state explicitly blamed the film that day and said that she would go after the maker of the film, which many Muslims considered offensive.
Daily Sun columnist Tom McLaughlin pressed Clinton on the conflicting claims.“Somebody is lying,” McLaughlin said during the editorial meeting. “Who is it?
“Not me, that’s all I can tell you,” Clinton replied.Does ANYONE believe that for a second? Nope. And yet, Clinton has the audacity to suggest it’s not her, it’s actually the grieving family members, who are lying.
But Clinton’s critics are disinclined to believe her, especially given that she gave conflicting accounts in private and in public of what motivated the attacks.
One glaring example of that is an email Clinton sent to her daughter, Chelsea Clinton, on the night of the attacks, claiming that they were carried out by “an Al Queda-like [sic] group.”
And according to notes from a phone call that Clinton had with Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil the next day, she acknowledged that “we know the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest.”
At least four Benghazi victims’ family members have said that Clinton talked about the importance of the video — which was produced by Nakoula Basseley Nakoula — during the Sept. 14, 2012 memorial service.
During her Dec. 6 interview with Stephanopoulos, Clinton specifically denied that she spoke to the families about the video or the filmmaker. She also said that she “can’t help it” that the Benghazi victims’ families believe that she fingered the video during their private conversations.
“I understand the continuing grief at the loss that parents experienced with the loss of these four brave Americans. And I did testify, as you know, for 11 hours. And I answered all of these questions,” Clinton added. “Now, I can’t — I can’t help it that people think there has to be something else there.”
How far this woman will go in order to protect her own political hide is truly sickening; she has no conscience and apparently a total lack of empathy. It wasn’t bad enough she lied to the grieving family members in the first place; she’s now gone so far as to impugn THEIR character to deflect from her own lies.
The Benghazi incident alone should disqualify Hillary Clinton to be commander in chief, in my humble opinion. SMH.
[Note: This article was written by Michelle Jesse, Associate Editor]