The following list was sent to me by a friend via email –I suppose once again I’ll be attacked by the ravenous progressive socialist Left because it’s an “anonymous source” — whatever, chuckleheads.Anyway, in a very short and succinct manner it caused me to ponder messaging. Liberal progressives do such a fantastic job lying to the American people — period.
Conservatives need a simple message that enables the sound bite mentality of the American electorate to realize they are being fed a hearty helping of bovine excrement. The political, media, and entertainment elite are pulling the wool over the eyes of everyday hard working Americans — and for what purpose? Their own selfish gain and interest.
Consider the following, which some of may have seen already. It is nevertheless quite profound.
The word conundrum is defined as a complex problem that is often puzzling or confusing. Here are six conundrums of our contemporary United States of America:1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet almost half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet politicians (mostly progressive socialists) claim they want America to become more like those other countries.
And consider these following three observations about the direction of our current government and cultural environment:
1. We are advised not to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are admonished to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works, as we see the liberal progressives already jumping on the tragedy from Santa Barbara California. So what about the three victims who were stabbed to death, should we ban knives?
2. We constantly hear about how Social Security is running out of money. How come we never hear about welfare or food stamps on the verge of running out of money? Maybe the first group “worked for” their money, but the second didn’t. It is a simple case of printing money for political bribery and extortion.
3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, giving no pay raises for our military and cutting our forces to a level lower than before WWII, but are expanding and increasing the benefits to illegal aliens? It is all about pandering for votes – and who cares about national security or veterans dying at the hands of their own Veterans Administration?
Yesterday afternoon, after a meeting at the Capitol Hill Club, I took the METRO over to the Eastern Market station where I was craving some home-style cooking from Ted’s Bulletin on 8th Street. As I came up the escalator I saw a young black man being held by D.C. Police. As I began to walk away, I got a shout out from a METRO maintenance truck where three black men were sitting — they recognized me.
I walked over and had an awesome chat using the scene before us as a vehicle to talk about “old school” values. You see, they get it — even the one fella who was from Liberia. They feel the cultural shift, and as we talked there was not one dissenting comment as we all agreed that the foundation of America, and especially our black community, is eroding.
Truth prevails, we just have to have the courage to stand upon it. And what angered those men the most? The destruction of the black family and the comparison of gay rights to the black civil rights movement.
“Leaders know what right looks like” were the famed words of my former XVIIIth Airborne Corps Artillery Commanding General, Brigadier General Geoff Miller.
America is definitely looking for that leader, not a charlatan or impostor.