“A new report from a top health care industry trade organization contradicts Kathleen Sebelius’ recent claim that no job loss will occur under Obamacare. Obamacare’s medical device tax has already created a job loss of 33,000 in the medical device industry and 132,000 more job losses are expected, according to a new report from the industry trade group the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed).
“There is absolutely no evidence, and every economist will tell you this, that there is any job loss related to the Affordable Care Act,” Sebelius said Monday in Orlando. “Part-time physicians are actually down since 2010, not up. The number of full-time workers continues to increase. I know that’s a popular myth that continues to be repeated but it just is not accurate.”
But AdvaMed’s report would beg to differ:
1. The tax has resulted in employment reductions of approximately 14,000 industry workers and forgone hiring of 19,000 workers for a total of 33,000. The impact on indirect employment would be 132,000 for a grand total of up to 165,000 jobs.
2. Companies will ship jobs overseas to avoid the tax.
3. Almost a third of Companies said they’re already cutting back on research and development
4. Three-quarters of member companies are cutting back on investments, canceling plans for new facilities, and having trouble raising capital:
5. And of course there will be more job cuts to come.
Regardless, we’ll make sure this is a lead news story — even though it won’t be on the American Barack Channel (ABC), Constant Barack Station (CBS), National Barack Channel (NBC), Most Seriously National Barack Channel (MSNBC), Public Barack Station (PBS), or Chucklehead News Network (CNN).
You can bet the liberal progressive spinmeisters are in some dark room trying to figure out how to discredit this report — with more lies, or worse, by intimidation – which is after all, the Chicago way.