Allen B. West

BREAKING: As NYC bomber captured, authorities ADMIT terrifying truth…

Hours after the FBI announced him as a “person of interest” in the weekend explosions in New York and New Jersey, police say they now have suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami in custody.

Via CBS New York:

Authorities have been looking for Ahmad Khan Rahami, a 28-year-old naturalized U.S. citizen from Afghanistan.

Linden police said they responded to a call of a man sleeping in a doorway. When officers arrived, the man opened fire, injuring two officers, police told CBS2.

Advertisement - story continues below

Related Stories

BREAKING: Jill Stein makes surprise announcement...BOOM: Kellyanne Conway OBLITERATES liberal 'fake news' outcry with just one line [Watch]Oh boy: Anthony Weiner in trouble AGAIN??

The NYPD and the FBI first said Monday morning that Rahami was being sought in the Chelsea explosion that left 29 people hurt.

New Jersey State Police said later Monday, citing the FBI, that the bombing in Chelsea was connected to the Seaside Park blast that happened before a charity 5K race. No one was injured in that incident.

While it is certainly good news that Rahami has been detained — and will be prevented from carrying out any additional plans he had in the works (as we reported earlier, yet another device exploded in Elizabeth, NJ this morning) — it is even better news that he’s been captured alive so that authorities can pump him for more information about his links to other terrorists and organizations.

The less good news — to put it mildly — is this:

Oh yeah, Rahami may not have been in our U.S. counterterrorism database, but he had sued authorities for allegedly targeting him for being Muslim. Hmmm…

You may recall that Orlando shooter Omar Mateen had been on a terror watch list but then was taken off — before ultimately murdering 49 people and wounded 53 others this past summer.

Clearly, our counterterrorism database has some, shall we say, gaps. And of course, we know that some of these may be at least partially due to orders from the Obama Justice Department not to upset Muslims by our counterterror efforts.

The events of the weekend, both in New York and New Jersey and in Minnesota, should be a huge wake-up call to all of us that — if you hadn’t already figured — the radical Islamic terrorists are here. They are living among us and ready to try to destroy us and our way of life. We have one group who is telling us they’ve been handling it and “got it covered” — the likes of President Obama and Hillary Clinton — and on the other side is Donald Trump, telling us we’ve got to do more, something different (even — gasp — radical) to stem this tide.

As Col. West often says (quoting the great Ronald Reagan, of course) it’s a time for choosing. The events of the past weekend just put a big fat exclamation point on the end of that!

[Note: This article was written by Michelle Jesse, Associate Editor]

BREAKING: Jill Stein makes surprise announcement...

BREAKING: Jill Stein makes surprise announcement...

BOOM: Kellyanne Conway OBLITERATES liberal 'fake news' outcry with just one line [Watch]

BOOM: Kellyanne Conway OBLITERATES liberal 'fake news' outcry with just one line [Watch]