Allen B. West

Developing: Manhunt underway in Germany seeking 12 men with…

Getty Images

In the wake of last month’s attacks in Paris that killed 130 people, Europe continues to be on high alert as it searches for additional suspects in connection with the attacks — and, of course, most importantly, attempts to prevent any future attacks that may be in the works.

Just last week, two people believed to be connected to the Paris attacks were arrested in an Austrian refugee shelter after having gained entry to Europe on fake Syrian passports.

Now, a manhunt is reportedly underway in Germany, searching for 12 people who apparently entered the country — you guessed it, using fake Syrian passports similar to the Paris attackers — before promptly disappearing.

Advertisement - story continues below

Related Stories

Obama admin issues FINAL warning to Trump, says he better NOT...As Trump interviews for SecDef, I have ONE suggestion...I PRAY Trump doesn’t do this in the next 53 days…

As Breitbart reports:

A manhunt is reportedly under way in Germany targeting 12 people who used fake Syrian passports to gain entry to the country before disappearing.

German news outlets say the fake Syrian passports were most likely taken by Islamic State (IS) operatives when the terrorist group captured the Syrian city of Raqqa — now the de facto IS capital — in 2013, reports The Independent. The German tabloid, Bild, says the stolen documents were provided to migrants by the same suppliers used by two of the Paris attackers.

What’s even worse is that the 12 being actively sought may be a small number in the scheme of things, when you consider that one government official acknowledges the country is “seeing a loss of around 30 per cent of the refugees.”

The manhunt is far from unique in Germany. According to one government official the country is “seeing a loss of around 30 per cent of the refugees,” although he concedes that may not be the real total, admitting: “We don’t have the exact numbers. We don’t even know if they’re still in Germany.”

If you consider the estimate that nearly one million migrants are seeking asylum in Germany this year, that suggests as many as 300,000 may be missing. How do you lose 300,000 people?

The Kronen-Zeitung daily reported that the two men are French, though of Algerian and Pakistani origin, and entered Austria from the Balkans in October together with members of the cell who carried out the November 13 attacks in the French capital that killed 130 people. Fox News reported the arrested men had bragged to other migrants and humanitarian volunteers about having been on the battlefield with IS.

Still now at least two of those suspected of carrying out or in some way playing a role in the attack on the French capital remain on the run from police and security services, namely 26-year-old Belgian-born French national Salah Abdeslam (pictured above) who is thought to have played a key logistical role, and 30-year-old Mohamed Abrini.

You have to wonder, how many more connected with these folks are out there not yet found — perhaps hiding among the 300,000 refugees admitted to Germany who’ve now just disappeared? And what will it take to find them before they can execute another attack?

Germany — along with the better part of Europe — seems to be slowly but surely awakening to a really bad hangover of welcoming an onslaught of migrants in 2015 alone.

Meanwhile, in the U.S., we are just beginning to open the floodgates wider, thanks to the insistence of our Obama administration — despite warnings from the likes of the FBI that we can’t properly vet those coming from Syrian. And despite the tangible knowledge that ISIS has both the declared intention and means to infiltrate our borders amongst the “refugees.”

We here in the U.S. still have a chance to wake up before we find ourselves in a situation similar to Germany. Will we?

[Note: This article was written by Michelle Jesse, Associate Editor]

Obama admin issues FINAL warning to Trump, says he better NOT...

Obama admin issues FINAL warning to Trump, says he better NOT...

As Trump interviews for SecDef, I have ONE suggestion...

As Trump interviews for SecDef, I have ONE suggestion...