Sadly, we live in a new normal where terror attacks are not a question of if, but when and where.
And authorities have discovered a chilling new clue as to the latter in a Spanish hotspot especially popular with British vacationers.
Via Jihad Watch:
We have already seen jihad attacks on resorts and beach areas in North Africa. There will be much, much more of this. The West’s immigration policies, coupled with the bland assumption that the overwhelming majority of mosques in the West are teaching peace and tolerance, makes that a certainty.
“Chilling ISIS weapons cache found buried in Spanish holiday hotspot linked to planned attacks on ‘crowded public spaces,’” by Sam Webb, Mirror, April 12, 2016:
A deadly arsenal of weapons dug up at a tourist hotspot popular with Brits has been linked to a planned terror attack. Two sub-machine guns, four handguns, several combat knives and an ISIS flag were discovered buried in Ceutan [sic], a Spanish territory near Tangiers and just across the water from Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory.
A spokesman for the Civil Guard, who made the chilling find, said they had received a tip-off about the buried weapons from another criminal organisation.
A statement released today by Spain’s Interior Ministry says the guns and knives were connected to an operation in which four people were arrested in January.
It was also confirmed that a USB storage device was found which had been wiped clean but experts have managed to retrieve some of the data.
This included chilling information about possible terrorist targets, understood to be at least six outdoor spaces in Ceuta where large crowds gather.
British tourists travel to the region to enjoy the fine weather, watersports and astonishing scenery.
Spanish authorities say the list only gave the target locations; they hadn’t progressed yet to detailed plans. They say six men held in Ceuta this year had profiles similar to the Paris attackers.
Spain has arrested more than 20 suspected Islamist militants since September. And, of course, we’ve all been following the frenzy of arrests in the ongoing investigation into the Paris and Brussels attacks.
Against this backdrop, as we reported a few weeks ago, our own State Department has taken the rare step of issuing a travel alert for all of Europe, leading into the busy summer tourist season.
With new information such as this continuing to emerge, few of us need the official warning to be on alert.
[Note: This article was written by Michelle Jesse, Associate Editor]