Allen B. West

RNC makes huge debate decision; wait ’til you hear what the candidates say

Getty Images

As you’re no doubt aware (and if you aren’t where have you been?), last week’s GOP debate was notable not for the candidates’ comments so much as the conduct of the moderators, and the biased nature of the questions.

CNBC may never be able to rebuild its reputation, and now the backlash has spread to NBC. Today, RNC chair Reince Priebus wrote a letter to NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack on Friday saying the RNC would be “suspending the partnership with NBC News” for a planned debate at the University of Houston on Feb. 26, 2016, according to Fox News.

In an interview on Fox News regarding Wednesday’s debate, Priebus told Sean Hannity, “I just can’t tell you how pissed off I am. … What was delivered [on Wednesday] was just nothing but a crap sandwich.”

Advertisement - story continues below

Related Stories

Veterans make HORRIBLE discovery outside their business on Pearl Harbor DayYIKES: Here's who the betting odds say will be Trump's secretary of stateKarma: It just went from BAD to WORSE for Jill Stein...

The problem is, a number of the candidates are feeling exactly that way about Priebus and the RNC as well.

Fox says, “some campaigns have challenged the RNC … and are planning to meet as early as Sunday to discuss their options for changing the debates.

Politico first reported that the campaigns are planning to huddle, and the RNC is not invited. Fox News confirms that representatives for the Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum and Lindsey Graham campaigns are among those planning to attend.

Alice Stewart, communications director for Huckabee, told Fox News the campaigns are indeed discussing possible changes.

“After the past few debate debacles, the campaigns are having conversations with each other as to how we can avoid another debate where the moderators become the story. That’s the cardinal sin of journalism and the campaigns are sick and tired of it,” she said in a statement.

Politico reports that the upcoming planned meeting is being organized by the campaigns for Donald Trump, Carson, Graham and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, though others plan to attend.”

I have to tell you personally I’m kind of digging this revolt against the Republican establishment. Conservatives have been served crap sandwiches for lunch every single day for at least the last five years, and we’re sick of it!

[Note: This article was written by Michele Hickford]

Veterans make HORRIBLE discovery outside their business on Pearl Harbor Day

Veterans make HORRIBLE discovery outside their business on Pearl Harbor Day

YIKES: Here's who the betting odds say will be Trump's secretary of state

YIKES: Here's who the betting odds say will be Trump's secretary of state