Not long after her termination at Glenn Beck’s The Blaze, former host Tomi Lahren filed a wrongful termination lawsuit. Lahren alleged that she was terminated by the network following comments on The View in which she declared her “pro-choice” views. The Blaze‘s counter-suit alleged that the comments themselves had nothing to do with it (as they have other employees who are openly pro-choice, and they were already aware of Tomi’s views). Additionally, Tomi wanted access to the “Tomi Lahren” Facebook page she built up while a host at The Blaze, which was technically company property (but what could they possibly do with the page?)
Tomi and The Blaze certainly are worlds more efficient than those in Congress, as the lawsuit has been settled nearly as quickly as it was started. According to Dallas News:
Tomi Lahren settled her lawsuit Monday with her former boss, Glenn Beck, and his conservative media firm The Blaze.
The deal allows the 24-year-old pundit to be freed from her employment contract — which was to expire in September — and pursue new work that competes with The Blaze. She also gets to keep the Facebook page that The Blaze created for her, and on which she has amassed 4.3 million followers.
Lahren will “promptly” return The Blaze’s “intellectual property” that was posted to the Facebook page, said her lawyer, Brian Lauten. In court hearings, Lauten had offered to delete all of the videos produced by The Blaze off the Facebook page, which would include some of Lahren’s most popular posts. Some had been watched more than 67 million times.“Ms. Lahren is relieved to have this litigation behind her,” Lauten said in a statement. “She looks forward to connecting with her audience and fan base on the pressing political issues facing our country in the days to come.” The rest of the details of the settlement remained confidential.
The company said in a statement that “The Blaze is pleased to announce that the relationship with Tomi Lahren has concluded,” and Tomi appears happy to move forward on her social media.
Onward. Upward. Let's go! It's a good day.— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) May 1, 2017
While she’s without a network, it appears she’ll be broadcasting her own “final thoughts” segment from her Facebook page.
With the mass exodus of talent at Fox News, think they’ll hire her to try to bring some of it back? Let us know in the comments section below.
[Note: This post was written by Matt Palumbo. Follow him on Twitter @MattPalumbo12]