ISIS claims that the San Bernardino shooters were supporters of the terrorist group, but it wouldn’t be the first ISIS-inspired attack on U.S. soil.
Another attempted attack — on a nine-year-old boy — may be linked to an “ISIS audition.” Like gang initiations, ISIS apparently wants to see their potential recruits in action.
As reported by FOX News:
An alleged jihadist arrested in June on charges that he plotted to blow up Times Square may also be the fiend who stabbed a 9-year-old Staten Island boy in the neck five months earlier in what some investigators now believe was a botched ISIS audition.
But NYPD detectives investigating the Jan. 9 knife attack have been frustrated by the feds, who won’t give them access to terror suspect Fareed Mumuni, said a source familiar with the probe.A surveillance camera on a home across the street captured a stocky attacker as he stalked the boy from behind on Union Avenue before grabbing him around the neck and stabbing him in his back, head, neck and arm. Jermaine Culver is seen stumbling a few steps before he regains his footing and runs.
“It looks like he’s trying to kill that kid,” said Luis Padilla, 44, the home’s owner. “He went straight for the jugular.”
Following the savagery, Jermaine was afraid to leave the hospital. The shell-shocked boy was eventually sent to live with an aunt in Atlanta.
“But he’s alive and fine and well,” said his 21-year-old brother, Shawn Williams.
Williams said the family remains in the dark about his case a year later.
“We still don’t know,” he said. “It seems like the cops gave up on it.”
Why would the police give up on such a case? There is an ISIS presence in all 50 states according to FBI director James Comey – gathering information from suspects like this attacker is instrumental to crack the ISIS network in the US.
We’re waging war on ISIS overseas — it’s time to start fighting them domestically.
[Note: This article was written by The Analytical Economist]